Wednesday 14 November 2012

How To Hide & UNHIDE Hard disk Volumes By CMD Command




How To Hide and unhide the hard disk Volumes using CMD Commands :

    First check how many drives are there in my computer and then see which drive holds your secret files.Then make the drive to invisible by following the below steps of using cmd commands,

    start->run->cmd->DISKPART
    DISKPART>list volume (it list available partition volumes)
    select the volume by SELECT VOLUME 1or 2 ..
     Hide the selected volume by REMOVE LETTER C or D or... command.

Note :For Unhide the hidden drive use the command ASSIGN LETTER after selecting the hidden drive.


Now to unhide the partition:
Go to an elevated command prompt=run cmd.exe as administrator

Enter following commands:

DISKPART --- run the diskpart program
LIST DISK ---- list the disks in system
SELECT DISK n ----n is number of disk with hidden volume
DETAIL DISK ----- to make sure you got the right one
LIST VOLUME ------lists the volumes in the system
SELECT VOLUME n ----n is the number of the hidden volume
DETAIL VOLUME ---- to make sure you got the right one
ATTRIBUTES VOLUME CLEAR HIDDEN ---clear the hidden attribute
EXIT --- exit from DiskPart
EXIT --- exit from command shell

Later if you want to hide the volume again then the command is:
ATTRIBUTES VOLUME SET HIDDEN

This is another posting showing "how to do computing" for everyday computer usages... For a general public



10 comments:

  1. Hi Tdl, thanks for posting this tutorials as I found it very helpfull mate, I was looking around for sometime a way to format one of my usb sticks man.. It was hard man, lolo ..Like I am not computer wizz so you understand my situation. so man thank for doing this dude, I will keep following you page for future references.... By the way I would like to suggest this book for your readers, if you allow me to leave a link here man its http://lawofattraction.makeapp2u.com have a look if you can..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SocialVibe212,

      You are welcome man !! Its my pleasure .. Please keep me posted with your blogs as well, as I did enjoyed reading it !!

      Delete
  2. Hi Biswajit Das, thanks for you posting !! Yes indeed I did had a look into the link you posted and it indeed have a similar content as my post. Well, that's is nothing new as many people have similar skill sets, its normal for you to find content of similar niches in different websites as blogs !!

    Still thanks for your comments man !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't an article about "hiding partitions", it's about " hiding volumes " which is not the same and the false title makes it show in searches for unhiding partitions (diskpart, "detail part", hidden: yes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my partition is hidden and when I followed the above tutorial I got Virtual Disk Service Error:
      The Object is not found and substituting partition in place of volume returns this message "VOLUME- Manipulate volume attributes.
      DISK- Manipulate disk attributes. So my question I have is how do you change hidden to no instead of yes?

      Delete
    2. Hi +Michael-Rainabba Richardson, I have to agree with you about your statement, indeed how of my silliness I've give information which is accurate. After, sometimes, you only find errors when other people points you to .. Special if you make those mistake while working diligently with your soul and heart ..

      Delete
    3. +Agrock ... Give me some time to build up a VM and test the approach before, I know by heart how to Unhide the partition ..So, I don't give wrong info again ..

      Delete
    4. I found this to work "Set Id=ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7"

      Delete
  4. http://alltechbuzzbd.blogspot.com/2016/03/how-to-hide-local-disk-drive-using-cmd.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yasmin, I guess you could add into the contribution as not everyone will follow your link ..

      Delete

Mastering Docker Minified Systems: A Step-by-Step Guide with Real Use Cases

Introduction Docker is a powerful platform for developing, shipping, and running applications. Minified Docker systems are optimized for siz...